Dora




At first, I didn’t know what to write for my blog post. I like photography, so I ended up choosing the first prompt. I found a picture of me from around 12 years ago and asked my mom about it. She said, “People used to call you Dora,” and when I asked why, she responded, “Because they think you look like Dora”. I guess I looked like Dora. I had short hair like her. As a kid, I was obsessed with Dora. I was one of those people that talked to the TV when she asked a question. 
Anyway, this picture was taken in California at Huntington Beach. This is where I started to learn how to swim. One of my dad’s friends brought me in the ocean and I splashed around with these green floaties I had. We also went to Disneyland (or Universal Studios; I don't remember which one).
Mostly what attracted me to this picture was my smile. I don’t often smile like that now, so this picture makes me want to smile more. That’s kinda deep lol. My mom also said that she likes my “million-dollar smile” in this picture. When I was younger, one of my dad's friends said that with my personality, I could end up in Hollywood. I've changed a bit but looking back at this picture I want to be more like I was back then.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness this is so adorable. You really did look like Dora lol:)

    I love your reflections too. It's definitely relatable to look back at an old picture or memory and think how about how good life was back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Childhood is so innocent, free of responsibility and fun. I too look on those days with nostalgia, but I also look at myself now and appreciate how much more mature I've become. I take pride and honor in (most parts) of the person I have grown and learned to become. The exception is that I was a complete idiot during middle school and 8th grade, and I never want to return to that state. I still am a fool thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRO YOU DID LOOK LIKE DORA

    And that is a nice smile. Although, as you say in the post, you have matured into someone you should be totally proud of. I've seen you change over the last 5/6ish years, and it's been so cool to watch you mature and change into who you are now.

    Also, I talked to Dora, too. One time I was too slow with my response so Dora replied in the middle of my sentence, which made me realize that she wasn't actually talking to me, it was prerecorded audio and I was just stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, the hair is iconic and you definitely look like Dora. I also love cute baby pictures like that because it is something that you can always look back on when you are older. This blog post was super cute, and when you are older you should recreate this photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment