If I Could Travel Anywhere


If I could go anywhere on Earth, I'd go to Japan. I don’t want to sound like a weeb or anything, but I do think Japan is really cool. I’ve seen so many videos on Youtube that show stuff like “10 Ways Japan is 10 Years Ahead of the World” or “Photos that Prove Japan is not like any other Country”. It’s actually pretty cool. For example, they have vending machines in the streets that can serve all kinds of stuff, from umbrellas to ramen. They even have real-life, public Mario Kart races, where people dress up as the characters and literally race each other in the streets -- not just as a video game.

Also, apparently, the people there are really nice. In one of the videos I saw, a train company sent out an apology for just a 20 second delay. I was at a hotel in New York one time and we had to wait over 3 hours after checking in to get into our room, and the people didn't even apologize. I saw another thing where this person left their clothes at a hotel there, and a week later, they got a package with the clothes they’d forgotten. Another thing is that Japan is really safe -- it’s ranked as one of the safest countries in the world. Little kids can go around outside alone without having to worry about people kidnapping them. I wish it was like that here.

Japanese food is one of my favorite cuisines. If you’ve known me as a subbie, you probably know I was obsessed with sushi. Though I’m not as extremely crazy about it now, I still love it. I’d say I like ramen more now. I saw a video where someone ate at this sushi restaurant in Japan and it was so good they felt emotional. And they weren’t exaggerating or joking, they genuinely felt it in their soul. That’s, like, so cool.

One of the things I’d be most excited about if I were to go to Japan is all the clothes. I really like how the people there wear whatever they want without worrying if anyone is judging them. If you look up “Harajuku street style”, you can really see how out-there some of the outfits are. Here on campus, I see lots of people with good outfits, but none of them are like these.
I would legit bring a whole empty suitcase to fit all the clothes I'd buy in. Japan has all kinds of underground clothing brands. I would reallyyy want to go to one of their vintage/thrift stores. They’re big and have clothes that are actually good. Thrifting sounds so fun if you're at a good store, but I can never find anything good in the thrift stores around here.

Comments

  1. You brought up a lot of cool stuff about Japan I never knew about! It does sound like it would be a fun and unique experience to visit sometime. Interesting how they do stuff so differently than America, I wish it was like that here.
    Real-life Mario Kart racing sounds fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japan is super cool! I went with my family a couple years ago because my grandmother had to sort out some family stuff. The vending machines are super convenient. My favorite things from when I visited were the temples and deer in Nara, arcades, and the long lines of little school children with matching hats and backpacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post really makes me want to go to Japan!! I have to say the vending machines are what make me want to visit the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In addition to what you mentioned in your post, Japan is so technologically advanced and I firmly believe no matter what your interests and passions are, you can enjoy anything in Japan. It's such a hub for cultural inspiration and I'm so star struck by that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment